Hydraforce - rear steer valve

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

eternal noobie
Staff member
Oct 12, 2010
Toquerville UT
Does anyone know the CORRECT part number to order?

I ordered p/n SV10-47B-8T-N-12ER - Hydraforce | Open Center - SV10-47B

When a rear tire gets pressure on it, it STEERS...without any switch input...I need to use the switch to keep it straight....so, clearly not correct, since the rear tires should remain locked in position unless there is input. This is the OPEN center, which I assumed meant the flow would pass thru. It appears it means it doesn't LOCK out the rear steer lines.

Sending an email to Hydraforce too, but hoping someone on here has input too. Thanks!

So, after some research, the SV10-47A is the correct part....pass thru from 1 to 3, locked out 4 and 2 - what's known as the Tandem center. Summit Hydraulics order placed, looks like I get to learn how to rebuild these too :)

Last edited:
Because I'm impatient...

Already removed the 3/4" nut at the end, and both solenoids. Just need to unthread the 1" nut that's part of the valve and quickly swap with the new one.... Should be that easy....should...

PXL_20210920_222139939.jpg

PXL_20210920_222148743.jpg

So, this was FAR easier than I anticipated...

Remove the 3/4 nut and both solenoids...be SURE you maintain the order/orientation, there is a washer in between too.

Remove the 1" nut that unscrews the valve shaft. Slide out the valve, slide in the replacement. I lost maybe a cup of oil (I did clamp off the feed line to the pump). Snug that 1" nut to 25ftlbs. Install a solenoid, the washers, and the other solenoid....the 3/4 nut bets torqued to 5ftlbs. (See the Hydraforce website to confirm)

The left/right of my switch reversed....fortunately, that was a super easy swap.

Pics....btw, most of the oil in the dish was poured in to presoak the new valve...

PXL_20210920_233307086.jpg

PXL_20210920_233553334.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom