RockCrawler.com King Shocks on Top at Inaugural BajaSur 500

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

unnamed10.jpg April 24th, 2015 – Garden Grove, CA – The Bud Light BajaSur 500 was a brand new race for the SCORE International series and the results were familiar; King Shocks racers were the fastest! Despite a 424 mile long course filled with silt, sharp rocks and tight technical sections, it turned into a sprint race with King Shocks racer and defending Trophy Truck Champion Steven Eugenio pushing hard to chase down King Shocks racer Lalo Laguna for the overall victory. Eugenio and Laguna represent the new guard of young racers who despite their ages, have years of desert racing experience with top-notch teams and equipment. Laguna was out front during the race but Eugenio kept pursuing with a relentless pace. When the checkered flag waived, it was Laguna who took the overall win with Eugenio finishing second.

unnamed-21.jpg

“It was a flawless race for us,” said Laguna, “I am so happy to get the victory for King Shocks and my entire RPM racing team. My King shocks were amazing. Through the bumps, the jumps and the g-outs, the truck handled really well. King helped us tune the shocks; everything was working perfect. I was a little nervous about Eugenio making up time on us. We decided to pit for fuel only, no tires at our final pit stop. I knew my tires would be worn out in the last 90 mile, rocky section coming into Loreto; I had to be very cautious not to hit any rocks. I was able to put the truck where I wanted. We used the tires up, I came in on a flat tire but we did it! It feels good to battle with the best and come out on top.”

Steven Eugenio shared driving duties with Armin Schwartz who took the truck off the start. The course was tight so he was held up behind other trucks during his stint behind the wheel. When Steven got in the truck he was determined to make up time on the field. “I went real deep into a corner trying to make a pass,” said Eugenio, “I almost lost it. I was thinking I better be patient or we could lose this race right here. I was making good time on second place Rob Mac. I caught him at race mile 260 but I had a pit stop at 340. I caught him again and passed him. It was so tight and technical coming into Loreto but it was so fast. Lalo deserved it, he owned the day. We gave him a run for it. We were catching him but ran out of road.”

unnamed-31.jpg

The fastest drivers in the desert rely on King Shocks to provide them with the damping performance and precise handling they need. When the margin for error is so small, the control provided by King Shocks allows them to push hard in treacherous terrain with ultimate confidence. No matter what you drive, King has the performance suspension damping technology that will keep you out front and get you to the top of the podium.

About King Shocks
King Shocks makes world-class desert racing shocks for trucks, buggies and UTV’s. King manufactures and hand assembles all of their shocks in Southern California. King Shocks has been the industry leader for over a decade and continues to leave the competition in the dust by providing the level of quality, performance and customer service that champions demand.​

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom