Plasma Table - Tips and Files

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

eternal noobie
Staff member
Oct 12, 2010
Toquerville UT
I've been wanting one of these forever... Crossfire 2x2, paired with a PrimeWeld Cut60. First cuts went perfectly, other than some operator learning.

DXF file uploads welcome, share your designs!

I made 4 of these for axle-side shock tabs supports. Corner hole for drainage, U top to clear the shock eye. 1/8 steel, 1.6" wide.

PXL_20210211_001747097.jpg

PXL_20210211_002656942.jpg

Attachments

• Lower Shock Support.dxf
    2.4 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Experimenting today with cutting holes on the plasma table....we will be using the table to cut round bolt holes in 3/16" AR450. So, time to learn before we waste the expensive stuff :)

The 3/4" diameter hole (top/right) was drawn at 0.780. Import into sheetcam, process as Inside Offset, set a perpendicular lead in of 0.390 (0.780/2), overcut at 0.20. Feed rate set at 50% of normal for 3/16" sheet. (can do this in sheetcam, or on your table program....FireControl in my case). Set the program Origin to the center point and you can effectively line up the plasma tip to dead center of your hole. With these settings, the 3/4 bolt dropped in cleanly.

I'll likely reduce speed to 25% for the AR plate.

Similar oversize amounts for the 1/2", 9/16" and 5/8" were used. Some tweaks were made so the 50% number didn't end up at .2125 or something.

Note the failures where the bolt just didn't quite drop in ;)

PXL_20210216_224914144.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a Cut 60 last year with the idea it could be used on a table like the Crossfire. If I get into a larger garage one day I will definitely own one. Keep up informed on your long term use with it.

The hand torch is awesome....in your hand. PITA on the table, so a good machine torch will be ordered when they come into stock later this month. This one is VERY recommended....

The issue is "squaring" the torch any time it gets removed. PITA. So disconnecting/reconnecting to switch between hand and table keeps the table aligned properly.

The hand torch is awesome....in your hand. PITA on the table, so a good machine torch will be ordered when they come into stock later this month. This one is VERY recommended....

The issue is "squaring" the torch any time it gets removed. PITA. So disconnecting/reconnecting to switch between hand and table keeps the table aligned properly.
Just a question but why not buy an extra lead? Seems more feasible than buying a whole unit.

After nearly a year of use, would you be kind enough to give us a review of the Langmuir Crossfire 2x2. I am greatly interested in what you like and dislike about the table and the Cut 60. Many thanks in advance!

After nearly a year of use, would you be kind enough to give us a review of the Langmuir Crossfire 2x2. I am greatly interested in what you like and dislike about the table and the Cut 60. Many thanks in advance!
Really, no complaints....I obviously used the table a ton initially, and it sits a fair amount now. That means some "relearning" of the software each time I use it, but I did a few items for a friends build a week or so back and it worked perfectly. Keeping consumables clean/ready is always a pain (plus remembering which tips are installed). Should be cutting some 3/16 AR with it in a few weeks, and don't expect any issues.

For my needs I'd buy it again. And I know quite a few people who are running PrimeWeld plasma and tig machines and loving them. I should be getting commissions just from local sales...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom