Because of many clearance problems with steering, U-bolts, and suspension , PML maintained a low profile with partial fins with this cover. Starting in about 2008, Dodge added a U-bolt to the front end design that would contact larger aftermarket covers when at the limit of the steering. This U-bolt was retrofitted on early year trucks during service visits. The suspension on Megacabs would also contact a larger cover when the truck was loaded. PML designed this cover to avoid these problems.
Features of the new PML front cover are;
- Low profile requires no modifications to U-bolt for steering clearance
- 1/2 quart extra oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange
- Boss for a temperature sensor
- Drain hole for easy oil changes
- Hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug
- Available in three finishes, natural (as cast), powder coated, polished
About PML: In business since 1986, PML offers a line of more than 100 products. As automotive enthusiasts, PML choose to focus on top quality sand castings for the automotive aftermarket. PML grows its product line every year and welcomes input. PML designs and manufactures all products in the USA. PML is a member of SEMA and the GoodGuys Rod & Custom Association. Information on PML’s full line of products is available on their website, http://www.yourcovers.com.
The post Ram 2500 & 3500 Trucks Can Have Extra Capacity and Clearance with New PML Front Cover appeared first on RockCrawler 4x4 and Offroad Magazine.
- Rancho® Introduces Level It Suspension Kit for Dodge Ram 2500/3500 Trucks
- High Clearance Dual Steering Stabilizer
- ICON RAM 2500/3500 Coilover Conversion Systems