?s about taking leaf springs out and going to coils on a 1981 toyota pickup

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

81yoter

you can have the old lady just dont take my truck
May 18, 2012
nc
hey guys new to the whole building off road trucks i build guns but i ride in the woods alot and love to play in my yoter how can i go to a coil spring with room to flex as it sits it has a 5" lift 35x12.50 tires also what will i have to change the steering or drive shaft or anything else when this is done i know stupid newb but i want it done right so i ask thanks for your help ......stiff as a board that is a 6 1/2" drop and the back tire is actually off the ground turn it by hand or can i get it to flex decent with leaf springs keep in mine its a everyday driver
Copy of V__C581.jpg

look into a kit like what Trail-Gear offers...might give you some ideas :)

http://www.trail-gear.com/trail-link-four
if you can also answer i have a hill by my corn field that i cant climb half way up she shuts down i know its the fuel could a stronger fuel pump or a different carb fix that it has a Weber on it was looking at a holly 350 or 500 any advice

fuel pickup? float height in the carb? Dozens of possible issues could cause that, most likely fuel starvation.
yeah thats what i was thinking ? is how can that be fixed or would it be best to try a efi motor just another computer to have problems with

hard to beat EFI for wheelin tho...I've got it in all my rigs and it works well. Standalone TBI on my rock crawler, simple enough.

you've checked pressure? flow? filter? pulled the tank/pickup and cleaned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom