RockCrawler.com Sara Price goes for Gold!

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sara Price, driver of the #78 UFD Stadium Super Truck, travels to Australia to race in the Gold Coast 600 and returns to the United States to win the Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame Award for “Rising Star” in the Motorcycle/ATV/UTV Category.

November 22, 2016 – Sara Price has secured her place as one of the most respected and talented female drivers in the motorsports world today. With a successful weekend racing at the Gold Coast 600 Stadium Super Trucks race, as well as an award for “Rising Star” in the Off-Road Motorsports Hall Of Fame, Sara enjoyed a highly successful couple of months in October and November 2016.

image3.jpg

In the last round of SST competition for 2016, Sara drove her #78 SST truck, which was sponsored by SuperCheap Auto, Coffee Sisters, MGM Glass and Mirror, Morris Finance, and UFD Racing, to two well-deserved top-10 finishing positions. Round 1 of racing saw Sara up front and running with the fastest drivers on the track. A simple mistake toward the end of the race left her with not much time to get back up to the front of the pack and resulted in a 9th place finish. Sara continues to learn the truck and is no doubt a force to be reckoned with – she’s less than a second off of the leader’s pace. After finishing, she commented, “My weekend started out solid. I qualified well and my speed is up with the front of the pack. I made a few mistakes costing me a couple positions later in the race. This didn’t leave me with enough time to recover. Overall, I couldn’t be happier with the performance of the truck, and I look forward to finding some speed for the next 2 rounds this weekend”.

Day 2 of the Gold Coast 600 SST race proved to be a tough round for the rookie SST driver. Sara would end up tangling with Team UFD teammate, Paul Morris, in qualifying. Luckily, both drivers walked away from the wreckage unharmed. Sara’s truck was considered un-raceable for the main event that day, resulting in a DNS. However, Sara wouldn’t let the bad luck get her down. In a comeback fit for her “never-give-up” attitude, Sara would start in 2nd for the final race on Day 3 and continue the momentum all the way to the finish where she would successfully end the weekend with a 6th place finish! After the race, Sara commented, “While my luck might have not been the best this weekend, the experience that I’m garnering in the truck has been invaluable. My speed is right there for the podium as this last race showed, and I’m determined to get on the box. I look forward to carrying my momentum into the 2017 SST season on Team UFD!”.

After successfully competing in the SST series, Sara got the call several days later to race a Factory Polaris RZR XP Turbo that is usually raced by Australian Stunt extraordinaire and fellow SST driver, Matt Mingay, in the Aussie SXS Championship Final. With her extensive experience in UTV racing, Sara was able to put her foot down on the tricky Ballarat track and finish in 2nd overall for the weekend against the best UTV racers in Australia.

Rounding out the month of October in style, Sara was rewarded for all of her accomplishments and sacrifices in her young life. While championing her “never-give-up” and always-thankful style, Sara was honored with winning the coveted “Rising Star” award from the Off-Road Motorsports Hall Of Fame in the Motorcycle/ATV/UTV category in Las Vegas, Nevada. With multiple-time champions winning this award in the past, Sara was extremely thankful to be awarded this prestigious honor, and she will take this into 2017 as a huge motivation to continue thriving in the motorsports world.

Be sure to follow Sara on all of her social media channels for continuous updates on the world of #78:

~Instagram.com/SaraPricemx

~Facebook.com/SaraPricemx

~Twitter.com/SaraPricemxcom

The post Sara Price goes for Gold! appeared first on RockCrawler 4x4 and Offroad Magazine.

Related posts:

1. Pat Clark, Wyatt Kirchner Find SuperLite Gold in Utah
  2. Australian Matt Mingay Wins Stadium SUPER Trucks Finale at Gold Coast 600
  3. Burt Jenner Wins Stadium SUPER Trucks Race 1 at Gold Coast 600 in Australia

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom