Build The Dirt Squirrel 3.0

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up my trans from my new rebuilder. It actually has a billet pump in there this time.
1701703109921.png

yesterday i picked up the rebuilt TCI piece of shit converter from a local rebuilder. Its now true on both ends, so hopefully no more problems.
naMyDYyUdPWBdntyb8lhk=w973-h730-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

XjFKGFRaE9mUBlBtzhhPQ=w548-h730-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Last night i got the trans and t-case stabbed back in. I will let the RTV dry today and add fluid tonight to see if everything works. Its 95% put back together with the exception of a couple of wires, the interior panels, and the skid plates. If everything goes to plan, she will be ready for RMR this weekend in Oklahoma.

If only you had a see thru bellhousing :) Classic.

Good luck, hope everything works perfectly (and STAYS working). RMR is on my list, haven't yet made it there.

RMR trip report. Transmission pump has help up so far. No issues there. I bumped up the pressure in the shocks and for once, the didnt bottom out or settle. They are now sitting around the 4" uptravel mark which i feel is perfect. No breakage from anyone in the group which seldom happens. Weather was just about perfect. Good times were had. We hit Asylum for the first time and ran Tackett Creek a few different ways over the weekend. Next trip up is a New Years run on some Texas granite at Wolf Caves.

i7vrH8RlkOyRamdkKXVnU=w588-h441-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

x2Xp2l_X-lZyEXaQ_GWTw=w722-h963-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

I0FaXt0BBqNQo8WEAdaQA=w588-h441-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

CGxejuociTm0N-s3BJyM4=w588-h441-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Even the pizza got delivered.
MhJVHQNV02viLDT9wqw64=w588-h441-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Thomas's S10 putting in some work
wE_wA_CHLTfexotpOZFP0=w588-h441-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Uh97b4XNmQn7KznBqLWgk=w588-h441-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

I want to check out RMR. Is it worth an 11-hour drive?
Its about 7 for us. Its worth the drive. Id say you can hit all of it in about 3 days. Good thing is that Clayton is only 45 mins away and you can hit up Green Aces as well. Similar rock, but RMR has bigger stuff and nice water/RV hookups. Id make a week out of it and hit both parks.

I would like to report that i have successfully wheeled two full weekend without my transmission pump exploding. Hopefully my days of blowing transmissions are a thing of the past. We spent the long holiday weekend wheeling some granite at Wolf Caves in Mason. Good times were had. We only broke one 8" R&P, one 9" R&P, and one RCV in a portal buggy. Otherwise it was a clean weekend.

H7ZdCO7UAqOGjzukWlWs=w1271-h953-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

HVIZdp5CkS2R_sy4aCFk=w1271-h953-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

-wIKPAt1z04dSrPhzJM3k=w715-h953-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

bxIvRQPTQmNitDBgqRomY=w715-h953-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom