Wheeler Christmas Party

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lil Rich

Spotter Required
Media Partner
Nov 26, 2016
Sand Hollow
Do you or any clubs that you hang with hold a Wheeler type Christmas party? For instance, I used to hang out with the pirates of the Rubicon quite a bit and they always had a pretty fun Christmas party. Everyone would bring a dish, they had a pretty cool gift exchange game where you could steal gifts, then we all hung out at the camp fire and told stories/had a couple beers. Hell, I remember one year we had a wresting tournament on the gravel, another year someone set off a quarter stick of dynamite, you know... the usual.

So what Christmas parties have you been to that were fun, what are some of the things you did or saw that were cool?

Our WI club held a Christmas party that usually included 2-3 of the area clubs as well. One year was at a local restaurant that also had a tree farm on site, plus hayrides. The party went so well we were asked to not come back :)

Other years have been held at area restaurants, or at a hotel/restaurant combo or hotel/meeting room and potluck. Advantage to the hotel: no worries about driving. Disadvantage: passing out on the stairs and being told by management to get a room at 4am (a friend did exactly that, 10 feet from my room door)

White Elephant gifts were the norm...one year, I won my own receiver hitch :D Another year, almost every gift consisted of trinkets taken from another members house (they wondered where that winter jacket went). Another year, a stool for the shop (new, not stolen...lol)

We also sponsored a local family Christmas, sometimes a few, and went out with their list and donated it.

Speaking on Holidays and parties, We should do New Years at your place ;) It would give me a reason to work on my junk all night in your shop on NYE. lol

That's probably the best way to stay up past midnight that I can think of now a days..

good lord I'm getting old..

I know I will be wrenching. Got a lot of ground to cover...

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom