Nearly 50 Years of History Showcased from Omix-ADA’s Jeep Collection
Suwanee, Ga. (September 23, 2014) – Omix-ADA, a leading manufacturer of high quality Jeep®, truck and off-road parts and accessories, today announced that it will feature seven unique Jeeps from its corporate collection at the company’s Off Road Success Center during the 2014 SEMA Show, November 4-7 in Las Vegas.
At this year’s SEMA Show, the company will display nine new and historic vehicles from its collection of more than 30 Jeeps, covering almost 50 years of history for the brand, including:
- 1948 CJ-2A – One of the first examples of post-war civilian-era Jeeps, the CJ-2A was marketed as The All-Around Farm Work-Horse. This well-restored grey example features a 60-hp engine and 3-speed transmission.
- 1960 Surrey DJ-3A – A unique version of the DJ Jeep, the Surrey features a turquoise paint scheme and striped canvas top with fringe. Surreys were primarily marketed toward luxury hotels and resorts for use as courtesy vehicles for guests.
- 1964 CJ-3B – This nicely restored example originally did duty as a support vehicle for a power utility company in Alabama.
- 1967 CJ-6 – This CJ-6 is an all-original, 14,000 mile, un-restored example of what was effectively a long-wheelbase version of the CJ-5. Featuring the original paint, top and tires, this Jeep was previously owned by a funeral home director just outside of Detroit, who used the vehicle as a volunteer ambulance during foul weather, when ordinary vehicles couldn’t pass.
- 1971 Hurst Jeepster Commando – One of 100 original Hurst-modified Jeepsters, this restored example features a red, white and blue paint scheme and a 160-hp V6 engine.
- 1973 CJ-5 “Super Jeep” – Only produced in 1973, the Super Jeep was the company’s answer to a wheel shortage that keep it from producing the CJ-5 Renegade and is one of only a few hundred to be produced. Featuring Jeep’s stock wheels painted white, the Super Jeep also distinguished itself with unique interior and exterior colors, including a wild decal package on the hood and fenders. The CJ-5 has the unique distinction of being the longest continually produced U.S. vehicle. More than 600,000 CJ-5s were produced between 1955 and 1983.
- 1982 CJ-7 – Prior to being owned by Omix-ADA, this CJ-7 was used as a brush fire truck with the Northwest Homer Fire Protection District in Texas. It can go off paved roads to battle fire where larger heavier fire trucks could not.
“Our motivation behind starting the Jeep Collection was to preserve Jeep heritage,” said Henk Van Dongen, Director of Marketing at Omix-ADA. “Our growing collection of Jeeps is representative of our company as a whole and the products we manufacture for everything from the 1941 models to the current JK. These seven are just a small sampling of the vehicles being preserved by Omix-ADA.”
In addition to the seven historic Jeeps, Omix-ADA will also be bringing two brand-new fully customized JK Wranglers; one as part of the company’s giveaway contest for SEMA attendees, and the other as part of a charitable donation benefitting SEMA Cares.
“As our collection continues to grow, it gives our team plenty of opportunities to continue to develop new products – both accessories and replacement parts – for classic and new Jeeps,” said Dave Logan, Product Manager at Omix-ADA.
Returning for its third year, the Off Road Success Center is a forum where business owners and industry enthusiasts within the Jeep and off-road market can freely exchange ideas, learn new concepts for success and network with other industry professionals.
Omix-ADA invites all SEMA attendees to come to the Off Road Success Center to view the featured vehicles from the collection, celebrate Jeep heritage and learn how to thrive in the growing Jeep and off-road market.
For more information on the Jeep Collection, please visit www.jeepcollection.com. For more information on Omix-ADA, Rugged Ridge, or the Off Road Success Center at the 2014 SEMA Show, please visit www.Omix-ADA.com or contact Omix-ADA directly at 770-614-6101.
ABOUT OMIX-ADA, INC.
Omix-ADA®, Inc. is one of the world’s largest independent manufacturers and wholesaler of Jeep®, truck and off-road parts, accessories and floor liners. For more than two decades, Omix-ADA has designed, tested, manufactured or distributed more than 16,000 of the highest quality restoration and replacement parts and accessories. The Omix-ADA family of brands, Rugged Ridge®, Alloy USA®, Outland Automotive® and Precision Gear® are distributed throughout the USA and in more than 70 countries worldwide. For more information, please call Omix-ADA, headquartered in Suwanee, GA at 770-614-6101 or visit www.omix-ada.com.