Rare Vintage Civilian Model Jeeps Spanning Five Decades to be on Display
Suwanee, Ga. (October 27, 2015) – Omix-ADA®, a leading manufacturer of high quality Jeep®, truck and off-road parts and accessories, today announced that it will feature six historic Jeeps from its recently expanded vintage and historic Jeep Collection at the company’s Off Road Success Center during the 2015 SEMA Show, in Las Vegas on November 3-6.
Since first debuting its Jeep Collection at the 2013 SEMA Show, Omix-ADA has went on to acquire more than 30 historically significant Jeeps, chronicling the brand’s history from pre-WWII prototypes through the modern day JK Wrangler.
“Our motivation for creating and expanding our Jeep Collection is to further preserve, honor and share Jeep’s incredible heritage,” said Henk Van Dongen, Director of Marketing at Omix-ADA. “Our growing collection of Jeeps is also representative of our company as a whole and our ever expanding portfolio of Jeep products that we manufacture.”
This desire to share and honor the Jeep heritage each year at the SEMA show has led the company to feature themed selections of vehicles from its collection as a way to showcase the wide assortment of Jeeps that are being preserved.
Following last year’s theme of civilian oriented Jeeps from the 1940s through today”, this year’s theme centers on six historic Jeeps that were considered “work vehicles”, four of which were just recently added to the company’s collection, including:
- 1946 Willys CJ-2A Farm Jeep – One of the first examples of post-war civilian-era Jeeps, the CJ-2A was marketed as the “All-Around Farm Work-Horse”. With dual-wheels front and rear, the CJ-2A provided exception traction in rugged farm terrain, allowing workers to bring vehicle mounted tools anywhere needed. This particular example features a welding unit in the passenger area, a rear-mounted Newgren buzz saw with table, and a side-arm mower bar on the driver’s side.
- 1947 Willys CJ-2A Fire Truck – Produced as early as 1945, a small number of these models were converted to serve as fire trucks. These small, nimble 4×4 fire trucks were perfect for fighting small fires before they got too big and were the perfect size as they could go where the larger fire trucks would not fit. This example was purchased from Mark A. Smith, founder of Jeep Jamboree USA, and is one of only a few hundred originally produced by Boyer.
- 1955 Willys Pickup – This 1955 Willys 4×4 pickup truck was originally used by the A.W. Berryesa Company in Bridgeport, California. It is equipped with a 226 c.i. Super Hurricane 6-cylinder Continental engine, T-90 transmission and four wheel drive.
- 1959 Jeep FC-150 – One of only 1,546 examples produced in 1959. These trucks were primarily marketed as work vehicles for corporate, municipal, military, farm and civilian use. The layout features a cab over (forward control) design. This FC-150 features a hydraulic bed and a later, wider chassis.
- 1978 Jeep J-10 Pickup – A remarkably well-preserved example, this J-10 features extremely low mileage (2,440 original miles), an exclusive Levi denim interior and air conditioning – a rare option for J-10 pickups. It is equipped with a factory automatic transmission, 360 c.i. V8 engine and optional brush guard and light bar.
- 1982 Jeep CJ-7 Fire Truck – Prior to being owned by Omix-ADA, this CJ-7 was used as a brush fire truck with the Northwest Homer Fire Protection District in Texas. It was designed to battle wildfires in areas where larger, heavier fire trucks could not gain access.
Returning for its fourth year, the Off Road Success Center is a forum where business owners and industry enthusiasts within the Jeep and off-road market can freely exchange ideas, learn new concepts for success and network with other industry professionals.
Omix-ADA invites all SEMA attendees to come to the Off Road Success Center to view the featured vehicles from the collection, celebrate Jeep heritage and learn how to thrive in the growing Jeep and off-road market.
For more information on Omix-ADA’s complete Jeep Collection, please visit www.JeepCollection.com. For more information on Omix-ADA, its family of brands, or the Off Road Success Center at the 2015 SEMA Show, please visit www.Omix-ADA.com or contact Omix-ADA directly at 770-614-6101.
ABOUT OMIX-ADA, INC.
Omix-ADA®, Inc. is one of the world’s largest independent manufacturers and wholesaler of Jeep®, truck and off-road parts, accessories and floor liners. For more than two decades, Omix-ADA has designed, tested, manufactured or distributed more than 16,000 of the highest quality restoration and replacement parts and accessories. The Omix-ADA family of brands, Rugged Ridge®, Alloy USA®, Outland Automotive® and Precision Gear®are distributed throughout the USA and in more than 70 countries worldwide. For more information, please call Omix-ADA, headquartered in Suwanee, GA at 770-614-6101 or visit www.omix-ada.com.