4 link

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thomas johnson

77 chevy on 39.5 iroks and 86 samurai
Jan 19, 2012
tennessee
hey guys i know ive had alot of questions but now im looking to upgrade from leaf springs to a 4 link design i was just wandering i should go with coil springs or the Fox 2.0 Pro Series 16" Travel Emulsion Shock- .875 Shaft i have saw the coils in action but ive never ran with anybody with the fox shocks any input is appreciated. the white one
IMAG0044[1].jpg
is the truck its going on

Those are JUST shocks. They will control the suspension, but not hold the truck up. You still need springs to set your ride height and load carrying.

Space-wise, coilovers are awesome. Dual-rate lets you manage ride much better than a single rate coil. Valving allows you to tune how the system dampens the suspension. But coilovers aren't always cheap. Check out Profender or FOA for affordable emulsion coilovers. Bling-out big with King or Fox or Radflo or SAW.

To add on to Woody's comments.
Coilovers need tuning. That is what really makes them cool. DO not expect to get a set and call it good.
Also, Figure out how much higher speed playing you want to do. Emulsion shocks heat up and lose their dampening qualities. Remote Res shocks don't.

Fox's are great shocks

ok what is a good coil spring set to go with i dont have the funds to buy $600 apiece coil overs i wish i did but in this economy who really does

http://www.profendersuspension.com/20-Coilovers_c_7.html - $300ea plus $100 for springs

http://f-o-a.com/shop/index.php?mai..._id=22&zenid=dc06dd5ca4a72ff96fac8957f84b1b22 for FOA emulsion coilovers, no res...$160 plus coils...these do NOT work for hispeed use (they fade, badly) but are fine for a trail crawler.

The shocks you list above are $225ea...and you can't even add coils to them someday...

For cheap coils, it will be an experiment...you'll need to track down coil rates and lengths, and see what fits. You'll need to know the weight of the truck, or a decent guess. Best bet is online research of what others have done....and hope you get it right the first time and aren't spending all your time in the junkyard hoping for the next coil rate :)

You posted a link that had coilovers and had the option to buy with choice of springs. It also had a package deal for 4 coil overs with springs. I can't find the link anywhere. Do you remember what the site was? I have looked at profender and ruffstuff and its not one of them.

Sorry to disagree but the Fox 2.0 will hold up a rig, just not a really heavy one
I have customers who run them on 3 link set-ups
How much pressure you run in them sets ride height.
What year is that rig? What Motor? I'm sure we could put together a budget build for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom