building a rock crawler

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mtallen4

Loves Light Bars
Aug 3, 2013
I started to think about buildinf a rock crawler and I was wondering if I go with a tubed frame and a chevy 12 bolt in rear and a chevy dana 44 in front with a 4 link system on front and back with a dual shock absorbers on each side of the front and a dual shock absorber on both sides od back with it be good for rock crawling and mudding and I wiuld want to use a chevy 350 sbc with a 4 speed granny gear teanny with a 205 transfer case and ill put a snorkle kit on it with bucket seats...... any suggestions or ideas I would love to hear thanks for the help

well I used them in a truck before and they feel a lot better but do u suggest using just one shock on each side

dual shocks are stiff, unless you are jumping it a lot or racing...for 95% of trail ride use, a single shock works fine and doesn't rattle your fillings...

I agree with woody. Single shock is fine. And honestly, with the quality and tunability of the available options now a days, unless you need a shock and a coil carrier, there really is no reason to go dual shocks at all.

Additionally, Depending on how you are planning on wheeling, a auto may be a better choice for transmission. I have a manual in my crawler and a auto in the soccer wagon. The wagon is much easier on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom