Funnest thing you did at an Event... Besides Wheeling

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lil Rich

Spotter Required
Media Partner
Nov 26, 2016
Sand Hollow
What is it?

I used to love going to Hump and Bump in Moab during EJS...

Hanging out at the Pond at Rubicon Springs during Jeepers Jamboree

What are some things you have found at events that were fun?

a handful of events we hit do potlucks one night...best bet is to bring one edible item and one drinkable :) When you hit events across the country, the variety of food is awesome (we've done WI cheese curds quite a few times). Good excuse to sample beers from various areas too.

A couple events are big into music, with bands/groups on multiple nights...Matt Stell will come in solo for an evening and towards the end of his stint, other guitar players will join in....they've been known to play until the wee hours of the morning :)

Frankly, the events we travel the most for are more about the people, the food, and the music than the wheeling...

Woody hit the nail on the head. I have a short list of events I want to haul my family with me on because of the people, not the wheeling :)

During CalROCS at on of the Surplus City events we had a slip n slide. That mixed with a few drinks... okay a lot of drinks and a live band made for a good time.

We let the kids have a couple hours on it then when it got a little later the big kids started to play.

During CalROCS at on of the Surplus City events we had a slip n slide. That mixed with a few drinks... okay a lot of drinks and a live band made for a good time.

We let the kids have a couple hours on it then when it got a little later the big kids started to play.
Crandon's fall race is notorious for its Friday slip-n-slide

I would have to say the most memorable was probably at one of the old sand hollow events, everyone, and I mean everyone congregated at an area for a lunch. It was fun to talk with old friends, family, etc while all sorts of people tried some fins and such in the area. It was followed by several rolls, and just a good time. IDK if this was due to being my first time ever in Sand Hollow, the crowd, the atmosphere, or all of the above, but that has stuck with me since.

I also remember going to Dump Bump/Butt Dump at the beginning of Hells during EJS, and I still go to PSH once and a while while at EJS as well, but its not the best atmosphere, so I dont usually stick around for long.

Another one was always going and walking the vendors show at EJS. Was always good talking to the vendors, grabbing stickers, etc. For some reason, even the big raffle during EJS was fun from time to time. Especially if someone in your group won something, that was always a good memory.

I suppose the OP also means other than wrenching on broken stuff too...
20thGSMTR (329).JPG

Moonshine and kids bikes...
20thGSMTR (409).JPG

One ORV park let us shoot rifles, so we plinked across a pond at paper targets and then at a small container of tannerite. The small caliber we used did not impact the tannerite hard enough for a big boom, but it still went boom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom