Build Thread Ibex remodeled

MNorby

Addicted Member
Dec 31, 2016
Made a handful of short day trips all summer with a few friends getting their rigs back up and running for testing then made it to Sand Hollow for a week. Everything worked really well and was fun to hit someplace new and anticipate going back again for sure. We ran TNT day and night, Nasty, Double Sammy day and night, Joint Effort, Chain Reaction, Triple 7s, Arrowhead, Dekleined, Chutes and Ladders, Front Range, The Fallen, Plan B, and The Maze. Not a ton of pictures but here's what I got.

Arrowhead:

Nasty half / 3 monkeys area:

Somewhere above Nasty Half/3monkeys:

Made a stop to scope out TNT since a few of us did it at night for the first time, made for a cool picture. Soemthing I did this year was add a dome light that could be turned on white or red and leaving it on red worked great to see your controls but not hurt your eyes.

woody

eternal noobie
Staff member
Oct 12, 2010
Toquerville UT
Yeah, we have a hard time getting pics when we are out there, too much fun to be in the rig and wheeling!

Looks like you hit all the 7-10 trails, now it's time for the 11-15's ;)

MNorby

Addicted Member
Dec 31, 2016
I really enjoyed Arrowhead, that was a fun trail. Next time go back and finish the 10s and maybe see about stepping up more. Definately a learning curve for these types of trails/obstacles.

Here is a short blurb of snake pit, I enjoyed it and followed Lew thru pretty well but Joe got really twisted up and bound in it. That rig is still pretty new and he is still learning how to drive it though coming from a monster truck scout he had before.

woody

eternal noobie
Staff member
Oct 12, 2010
Toquerville UT
Snake Pit with rear steer is just cheating....try it with a drag axle and front leaf springs ;)

MNorby

Addicted Member
Dec 31, 2016
Very true. I try not to use my rear steer unless needed most the time and I don't recall using it thru there until getting lined up to go out the exit vs digging but I think that is how Joe got so screwed up is too much playing with the rear switch.