Build Building An Ultimate Family/Trail Buggy

This site earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So today @allterrainmedia Joey and I did some welding on the front end, dropped the skid plate, took off all the panels, prepped for drivetrain install, installed new oil pan/pick up, took off all unnecessary accessory mounts, cut down some long bolts, etc. tomorrow the goal is to stab the drivetrain and drink some beer
Thanks for letting me help out, it's awesome to be there working on these rigs and being able to pick your brains on certain things. I look forward to seeing both this and Woody's done.

Well, I have the motor just where it needs to be, but I have found that tuning back and forth to town to get bolts is getting exhausting...

There is an 1/8" between the races and seat bar, 3/16" between skid plate and oil pan, 3/8" between tcase and everything else.

image.jpeg

Just a quick update on the dash. Fitting everything is proving to be complicated but expected. 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lbs bag. Here is the layout of the center console, which this buggy didn't have before. I wanted the shifter to be closer to the steering wheel. To achieve this, I had to built a console to house the shifter, rearrange the t case shifters, and remount the computer. Turns out everything fits nice and tight, but comfortable.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So still on the list to buy is a Left Hand and Right Hand 1.25" Heim, Cutting Brakes, minor fittings, Brake Lines, and some aluminum. Might as well build a center column and dash while I am piecing it all together. Besides that, I think I may have already purchased the usually un-thought of $5,000 of small stuff that no one thinks of.
Do you still need a left and right hand 1.25 heim? I have them if so

So the exhaust is built, fit/finished by Cam. I need to cut in O2 Sensors and route the tip still, but all the detail work is complete. At Winter 4x4 Jamboree I will be picking up the flex plate and then I can finish bolt the drivetrain. I still need to find my starter (Right now it is missing, lol), and machine bore the unit bearings to 1.5 inches to fit 35 spline shafts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom