And, it runs and drives...and fits on the trailer too!
Did a quick test behind the shop...everything seemed to work fine. A couple minor fixes tho:
I had a small oil drip everytime I ran the motor while it was on the lift....couldn't figure out just where it was from...drips were in line with the tranny drain plug, but it was always dry. Finally realized that the oil gauge was in perfect line for a leaking line to drip between the transmission and the floor pan (1-1/2" gap)! Even better, I opted to just tighten the loose fitting, and restart the rig as I walked over for a shop towel to clean up the drops on the floor....turn back around and WOAH! BIG puddle...from a cut line! So much for a small drip....replace the ferrule and viola: no more leak.
Issue 2 was the propane system freezing up (@Mace tells me it's the evaporator...I'm still learning) - part of all this was replacing coolant lines and there was apparently air in that stretch...parked on the shop drive (steep) and let the cooling system burp...let 'er idle on the trailer for 20 minutes and no more freezing
I also took the torque wrench to the lugs....would be sad to get all this done and realize I'd only snugged the lug nuts!
Next stop: Mason TX at the K2 offroad park for the Lone Star Land Cruisers RoundUp event....because ALL rig testing should occur 1000 miles or more from home!
The great feeling of driving after a ton of work! When I first fired up mine originally I quickly realized I forgot to put a plug in the oil accumulator adapter when I decided to install the oil pressure warning light switch up on top instead of in that adapter. Caught it quick but still a mess.
Just went through the whole thread... All I can say is wow, there was some scary crap on that thing! I mean, my buggy isnt perfect, nor did I get it perfect from the many many PO's it had, builds, rolls, tear downs, etc. It's not square anymore, and as a result of that, some stuff simply couldnt be square for the rebuild, but that mess made me feel better about my fab skillz congrats on a great looking rebuild! Pretty sure I have seen this F-Toy at some of the comps in the past if it is the same one, and it always looked great, but I never looked that close I guess!
So, I loaded 'er on the trailer Friday March 10th...figured there was no point in "testing" locally and finding bugs that would frustrate me, so I headed 1100 miles east to Texas and the K2 Katemcy Rocks park outside Mason TX for the LSLC RoundUp event.
3 days of wheeling some amazing rocks here at K2...PSC full hydro works perfectly...suspension is still a bit tall in front, but will settle...flex is very good, and the 64" front with the 60" rear was awesome.
The bad: the hydro ram mounting bolts, on full compression/flex on the drivers side, contact the hose connection where it clamps to the S pipe headed to the engine block. Result: slightly crushed metal pipe and a pinhole leak in the hose.
That was it.
Fixed it by sliding the hose further up the pipe and wrapping the hose with electrical tape to stop the pinhole leak. Wheeled Saturday with zero issues.
1> heavier Marlin spring for the low/hi shifter so it doesn't pop out (done)
2> running lights (rears done, headlights started)
3> comms (radio mounted and done)
4> relocate axle-side shock mount
5> front bump stops (ordered)
6> lower radiator hose (until I redesign the layout)
7> clean seat fabric (passenger side done)
8> cut/paint/prep skins
9> pull floors/dash for LineX
10> crossbar on drivers seat/floor for PRP bag
11> winch control cable routed (done)
12> install Factor55 (done)
13> mock up placement of the Black Forest Gear fridge and toolbox
14> order front HP 5.29's and install kits (done, Nitro Gear)
15> set toe (done)